Veterinary Services in Harrisonburg, VA
Personalized Pet Care
At Heartland Veterinary Clinic, we make it our mission to ensure your pet’s complete health and wellness. Offering a variety of veterinary services, we are the team you can trust to care for your pet like our own. Our hospital accepts patients from Harrisonburg and the surrounding areas, including Rockingham County, Staunton, Luray, Shenandoah, and Mathias.
New to Heartland Veterinary Clinic? Make sure to fill out a New Client Form before your first appointment.
En Espanol: Registro de cliente
En Espanol: Registro de nuevo paciente
Our services include:
- Acupuncture: This been used in traditional Chinese medicine for thousands of years, and more recently, has gained popularity and credibility in western medicine. There are over 2,000 acupuncture points spread across the body which can be stimulated by pressure or the insertion of solid needles. Stimulation of these points restores proper energy flow (referred to as Qi, pronounced 'chee') throughout the body. Careful placement of the acupuncture needles stimulates the body’s ability to heal itself. Disruption of Qi often results in disease and acupuncture can help bring the body’s processes back into balance.
- Wellness packages: We are committed to promoting wellness. Our wellness packages are a convenient way to ensure that your pet maintains top-notch health at every stage of life.
- "Fear-free" visits: A pet's fear and anxiety can have significant effects on their health and overall well-being, not to mention it makes vet visits more difficult for everyone involved. Heartland Veterinary Clinic has launched a fear-free initiative to minimize this stress and fear.
- Advanced orthopedics: We offer a wide range of orthopedic treatments and surgical services previously not available in the region.
- Laser therapy: Heartland Veterinary Clinic is proud to offer laser therapy to its patients. Laser therapy can be used to stimulate and improve the healing of a variety of injuries and wounds.
- Dentistry: Dental health is about more than pretty, white teeth. As our pets live longer, dental health is of increasing importance to many other organ systems of the body. We will assess your pet’s oral health and make the appropriate recommendations.
- Preventive health and wellness care: We believe in the power of preventative pet care. We offer a wide range of preventative services – from vaccinations to disease screening – to keep your pet healthy.
- Parasite prevention: All animals are at risk for parasites. Stop fleas, ticks, and heartworms in their tracks by investing in parasite preventatives from Heartland Veterinary Clinic.
- Canine reproductive services: Heartland offers many specialty breeding services for dogs, from semen collection to artificial insemination and pregnancy ultrasounds.
- End-of-life care: At Heartland Veterinary Clinic, we ensure every pet’s comfort and dignity by providing end-of-life care for dogs, cats, and other kinds of pets.
Learn more about our veterinary services in Harrisonburg or schedule an appointment by calling us at (540) 208-5415.
Why Trust Us?
Supporter of Preventative and Wellness CareWe want to prevent your pets from any major setbacks in life. It is important that they routinely get checked and cared for to avoid any surprises. We will help educate you on how to make this happen!
Convenient Medication DeliverySpend more time with pets and family! You can shop our online store to have your medication mailed. Orders generally ship directly to you within 3-5 business days.
Quality Veterinary CareOur state-of-the-art facility has a full in-house laboratory, pharmacy, surgery and laser technology that allows our dedicated staff to practice a wide variety of services for your pet family.
Advocates of Reduced Fear Vet VisitsHeartland has launched a "Reduced Fear Initiative" to minimize the stress and fear that comes with a looming visit to the vet. This not only increases your pet's overall health but minimizes your stress as well.
Real Stories from Real OwnersRead Our Reviews
“Dr. Brian was great.”- John A.
“Everybody there makes you feel like your pet is the most important one there.”- Tammy S.
“The staff at heartland is compassionate, takes time to make sure you have your questions answered, and has been flexible when we aren't comfortable with the first option.”- Tammy H.